Friday 23 January 2015

Blog Review

For reviewing a blog, I wasn't sure what to do at first, but after looking around I have found a blog that is educational and stimulates the brain. The Learning Spy by David Didau has a tagline 'Brain food for the thinking teacher'. The tagline was what really caught my attention, because I've always assumed that my teachers were always thinking, thinking about homework, marks, lesson plans etc. and seeing the tagline made me wonder.

The Learning Spy makes me wonder whether my teachers, actually listened to our complaints and ideas for the curriculum and if they just disregarded them. David Didau was frustrated by the current state of education and after starting his blog in 2011, he has managed to make changes. Didau managed to get OFSTED to listen and make changes based on his advice, he's written two books and works with schools to improve. After seeing such improvements that came about after blogging, then I have to wonder why did none of my teachers try to do such a thing or why didn't they talk at one of their courses, teachers so frequently go on.

The Learning Spy has really opened my eyes and it makes me want to be a better teacher then the ones I received. If I could make such a huge difference in the world of education by blogging about it, then I wouldn't stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment