Friday 23 January 2015

An Inspirational Video


To me, this video is extremely inspirational because it gives me hope of a better world and a better quality of life. If this technology becomes common in hospitals, then they will catch cancer at an early age and be able to save so many more lives with it, because as mentioned in the video, 1 in 3 people will get cancer and 1 in 4 people will die because of it.

I have personal experience with cancer as my sister, my uncle and my granddad had it. Fortunately, both my sister and my uncle had been caught early enough to fight the battle with cancer and win. Unfortunately, my granddad's cancer had been caught too late and he passed away sadly two years ago. If this technology was around when my granddad got ill, maybe he would still be here today.

This technology gives me hope, that if anyone else I know and love, is diagnosed with cancer then it will be caught early enough so that they can survive and live another day. The talk was inspiring because instead of just falling apart when his aunt when diagnosed, Soto actively tried to make sure that this would never happen again to a different family.

No comments:

Post a Comment