Saturday 24 January 2015

Did growing up with Technology make a difference?

We are the generation that grew up with technology. We are the ones who went from the old blocky ariel phones
to the smart phones
that we know and love today. We went from PS1's
to Wii's
and Xbox's

and I have to wonder if it made a difference to how we live today? The current generation of kids didn't see how technology progressed, they were just born straight into a world full of iPads
and touch screens and interactive white boards.


It seems to me that my generation was the last to play on the streets and knock on people's doors asking if they wanted to come out and play. Most kids now will just ring/text asking if you want to play a game on the Xbox and talk over the microphones. While this advance in technology is amazing as it allows us to do our work better, communicate with our family half way across the world, it also seems to be turning children's brain into mush.

Are todays children taking technology for granted? I went into town and I saw a 10 year old with an iPhone and it was hard to believe as I wouldn't have had an iPhone when I was 10 years old, I got my first phone when I was 13 and that was only a Pay as You Go Sim with no access to the internet or any of the gadgets that we have on todays phones. So I have to wonder if todays children are taking the easy access to technology for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment